The “Internal Bubble Cooling (IBC)” multilayer film blowing production lines produced by our company replaces traditional die heads, and also solves the problem of material leakage from the die head. We also designed a cold and hot air exchange system. When it is operating, it blows cold wind on one side and sucks out hot air on the other side to cool the film and quickly accelerate its formation. We designed the upper traction on the rotating structure to make the film more transparent and thicker.
In addition, our production speed is 4/3 faster than traditional machines and can produce 3-meter-wide film. So far, it has been the widest and fastest multi-layer co-extrusion rotary blown film extrusion machine in China because it has made successful innovation in upper traction. We have applied for domestic patents for our products and our technology is leading China.
Wuxi XX Adhesive Tape Co., Ltd. was established in Huishan District, Wuxi City in 2002. Its business scope includes the manufacturing of PE protective films, adhesive tapes, general equipment and accessories. The company purchased our PLASTAR blown film machines to manufacture self-adhesive films.
The customer is a local small- and medium-sized blown film manufacturer in Jiangxi which was established in 2018. Its main business includes production and sales of building materials, decorative materials, and packaging materials; sales of doors and windows, aluminum profiles, and stainless steel films (except hazardous chemicals).
The customers is a large-scale blown film manufacturer in Shenzhen, Guangdong that was incorporated in 2016 and specializes in the manufacturing of plastic protective films; manufacturing of plastic films; promotion of new material technologies; development of new material technologies; wholesale of plastic products; sales of packaging materials; design of packaging decoration; import and export of goods (except for commodities subject to franchise and are exclusively controlled); import and export of technologies; wholesale trade of commodities (except for commodities subject to approval); retail trade of commodities (except for commodities subject to approval).
In October 2017, an Iranian customer bought the ABA blown film machine ABA1200mm. The machine is running very stably. Because of our excellent quality and outstanding service, the customer also introduced a couple of friends to buy our products.
At the end of 2018, a customer successfully purchased the single-layer blown film machine SD-55-700mm, and the machine has been operating well in the customer’s factory.
In the exhibition of 2017, a Turkish intermediary customer chose us amidst many competing suppliers and successfully purchased the 2017 version of Asda equipment. After three years, the customer is still very satisfied with the equipment.
Vietnam in 2019
In October 2019, a Vietnamese customer successfully installed the 1600mm ABCDE five-layer co-extrusion blown film machine.
In October 2018, a Bolivian customer purchased two single-layer LDPE blown film machines.
In February 2018, An Argentina customer bought three SD-50 single-layer 600mm HDPE blown film machines.
In 2017, an Indonesian customer saw our equipment at the exhibition, and later visited our factory to negotiate on cooperation. He purchased three-layer co-extrusion and ABA blown film machines (ABC1700mm and ABA1400mm) that year, which are mainly used to produce PE film and bags.
Vietnam in 2017
In the Vietnam International Plastics & Rubber Industry Exhibition in 2017, we exhibited two blown film machines, i.e. the ABA900 and the MSD-45-600mm, which are mainly used to produce shopping bags. The high-speed equipment deeply attracted many customers and was finally ordered on the spot during the exhibition.
In 2019, A South African customer purchased a three-layer blown film machine ABC1700mm that is mainly used to produce bags. The machine is now operating normally in the factory and the customer is very satisfied.
In the Guangzhou exhibition in 2019, a Ukrainian customer was impressed by our equipment at the first glimpse and trusted in our strength, then he signed a contract on the spot to buy equipment.
In 2017, a Russian customer found us through social media and successfully ordered a two-layer stretch film machine CF-2L1000. Now the machine is operating normally and the customer is very satisfied with our equipment.
At the end of 2018, a Kenyan customer purchased an ABC 1800mm machine through an Indian middleman, which was mainly used to produce bags and shrink films. The customer is very satisfied with our equipment that gives him a head start in the local market.
The customer met with us in the CHINAPLAS in 2018, and was convinced by our product quality and service. They bought our exhibited ABC1800mm machine only 20 days after the exhibition. The machines are mainly used to product self-adhesive films, PE films and other products. They purchased another 3 sets of heavy machines in 2019 and 2020, mainly used to produce PE films and shrink films.
In 2018, a Philippine customer visited our factory and established trust and cooperation relationship with us. They purchased 6 blown film machines (ABC, ABA, AB, twin die, etc.) for the first time, mainly producing banana bags. Now the machines are running well in the customer's factory, allowing the customer to secure its part in the local market.
- Q1. Structural partition of the screw and barrel of a blown film machine
- Q2. What is the significance of the upper traction speed?
- Q3. Surface treatment of the screw and barrel of a blown film machine
- Q4. What are the types, advantages and disadvantages of a blown film machine's screen exchanger
- Q5. What are the heating and heat dissipation methods of the screw of a blown film machine
- Q6. What kinds of traction and transmission rollers are there on a blown film machine?
- Q7. What is the frost line of the blown film machine?
- Q8. Reasons for and solutions to poor openness.
- Q9. What are the components of a blown film machine?
- Q10. What is IBC internal cooling and what is it used for?
- Q11. If particles with different characteristics are mixed together, can we produce a film with mixed characteristics?
- Q12. Why do we need a three-way screen exchanger?
- Q13. The production process of a blown film machine
- Q14. Why is the temperature control of a blown film machine so important?
- Q15. What is a blown film machine used for?
- Q16. What is the purpose of a blown film machine?
- Q17. How to accurately control the temperature of the blown film machine while saving the heating energy of the blown film machine?
- Q18. What are the raw materials used in a blown film machine
- Q19. Roles of the screw and barrel of a blown film machine
- Q20. What is the warranty period of blown film extrusion lines?
- Q21. What is the delivery period of blown film extrusion machines?
- Q22. Does a blown film extrusion machine come with an operational manual and an electrical schematic diagram?
- Q23. How do I handle trouble-shooting with PLASTAR blown film extrusion machine?
- Q24. What is die gap?
- Q25. What is extrusion ratio?
- Q26. How do you calculate extrusion speed?
- Q27. What blown film extrusion machines are for sale?
- Q28. What type among the extrusion has more riction and why?
- Q29. Are all blown film lines customizable?
- Q30. What are the types of blown film extrusion lines available?
- Q31. What is the blown film extrusion machine price?
- Q32. What is draw down ratio in blown films?
- Q33. What are the main extrusion defects?
- Q34. How do you fix under extrusion?
- Q35. What are blown film extrsion lines?
- Q36. What are barrier-blown film lines?
- Q37. What are nine layers blown film line processes?
- Q38. What are 7 layers blown film lines?
- Q39. What is cast extrusion?
- Q40. What are extrusion dies?
- Q41. How do you adjust an extrusion multiplier?
- Q42. How do you increase extrusion speed?
- Q43. What is the difference between extrusion and injection molding?
- Q44. What are the three ways to customize blown film extrusion lines?
- Q45. What is the payment method for blown film extrusion lines?
- Q46. What happens after blown film extrusion line is delivered?
- Q47. What are applications most suited for 7/9/11 blown film line layers?
- Q48. What is hot extrusion and cold extrusion?
- Q49. What are multi-layer blown film extrusion lines?
- Q50. Are there used blown film extrusion machine for sale?
The screw is partitioned into the unloading zone, the compaction zone, and the mixing zone.
The barrel is partitioned into the blanking seat (inner water jacket) and the barrel.
- A2. The upper traction speed is an important data for blown film machine production. The molten plastic is extruded from the die and pulled up by the upper traction. Under the same extrusion volume, increasing the pulling speed of the blown film machine will make the film thinner. Slowing down the pulling speed of the blown film machine will make the film thicker. Therefore, if you do not want to frequently adjust the pulling speed and waste raw materials when you are switching the blown film specifications, the meter weight controller is an ideal option.
The surface treatment of the screw of the blown film machine is divided into three types:
Most of the blown film machine screws are made of nitrided steel 38CrMoAIA. The strength of nitrided steel is 85-90kgf/m㎡. It has sufficient central strength as the screw of the blown film machine. However, the wear resistance and corrosion resistance of its surface are insufficient and need to be improved in the following ways.
- Nitriding treatment
- Alloy spraying treatment
- Double alloy layer treatment
Combine ions with the surface alloy by means of salt bath liquid nitriding, gas nitriding, or ion nitriding, to obtain aluminum nitride with the surface hardness of HV1000-1100, which greatly improves the wear resistance of the screw surface.
Since the output of blown film machines has increased in recent years, the rotating speed and the internal pressure of the screw are increased, and more importantly, a large amount of filler materials are needed. The 0.5mm-thick nitride layer of the nitrided screw destroys the stable operation of the screw under high-speed wear and corrosion.
The alloy spraying of the screw means spraying a special alloy layer of 0.5-0.8mm on the nitrided screw. After being treated, the wear resistance and load-bearing capability of the screw will be further strengthened. It has a certain degree of corrosion resistance to corrosive particles.
The most reliable screw of the blown film machine on the market nowadays is the double alloy screw. The base material of the screw is the SKD161 alloy. The surface of the screw is pressed with a 3mm-thick wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant alloy layer, which is bound by metallurgical methods and is therefore difficult to fall off. Then an alloy layer is sprayed on its surface. It delivers outstanding performance both in corrosion resistance and wears resistance for the long-term operation of the blown film machine. The life of the bi-alloy screw is 3-5 times that of the ordinary screw.
Due to the production environment of the blown film machine and the defects of plastic particles itself during the film production, many impurities will reach the produced film along the runner, bringing in some impurities such as crystal spots, coke particles, black spots, etc. Therefore, the blown film machine filters impurities by adding a three-way filter, which increases the controllable reflux of the screw, enhances plasticization, and ensures the transparency of the film. There are three modes and structures of the three-way screen exchanger.
Manual screen exchange: The manual screen exchange is a traditional way of exchanging screens. It needs to remove 8-10 screws from the place where the screw and the mold are connected, and remove the “top of the main machine” when the blown film machine is shut down, and then exchange the filter inside. To use this method, we need to stop the machine before replacing the filter. It will waste a lot of time to stop and start the blown film machine. Also, debugging the machine again will waste a lot of plastic and increase production costs, resulting in low production efficiency.
Manual quick screen exchange: The manual quick screen exchange is an alternative to the above method. It allows us to replace the filter screen without shutting down the blown film machine. There are two filter screen ports, allowing the operator to change the filter screen at one port while the other is working. When you need to change the screen, just press down or raise the handle to change to the other port. The entire process is fast and smooth. The filter screen can be replaced when the blown film machine is working, which saves time and wastes no plastic. It is suitable for screws with a diameter below 75 mm.
Hydraulic automatic screen exchanger: Similar to the manual quick screen exchange, the hydraulic automatic screen exchanger has two filter ports, allowing the operator to exchange the filter screen at one port when the other is working. When we need to change the screen, just click the screen exchange button, and the screen will be hydraulically pushed to the exchange port. The screen exchanging action is completed rapidly without shutting off the blown film machine or any manual effort. Therefore it is suitable for screws with a larger diameter above 75 mm.
- A5. The screw of the blown film machine has the function of conveying particles, while the plastic particles will not be molten until the heating ring surrounding the screw reaches the target temperature. In order to stabilize the temperature of the heating ring, we have to stabilize the temperature control of the screw by heating with the heating ring and air-cooling with the cooling fan. If the current set temperature is less than the actual temperature, the fan is turned on and starts cooling. If the current set temperature is greater than the actual temperature, the heating ring is turned on and starts heating. By repeating this cycle, the plastic particles inside the screw of the blown film machine are molten at a relatively stable temperature and flow quickly in a molten state.
There are many conveying guide rollers on the blown film machine, which assume different roles in their respective positions:
- Carbon fiber roller:
- EPDM rubber roller:
- Curved roller:
- Aluminum guide roller:
Mostly used on the stabilizer frame. The film has not completely cooled due to the high temperature near the die (easy to scratch the surface). The carbon fiber roller is characterized by light weight and high temperature resistance. It can easily pass through the film without fearing the long-term effect of high temperature.
Film conveying requires greater friction. We usually choose a rubber roller as the power transmission roller. In terms of material selection, we will have more considerations and will use EPDM, which is because of the particularity of the blown film machine industry.
Many blown films will be treated to remove static electricity to match the subsequent printing operations, Electrostatic removal by electric shock will generate ozone gas, which will accelerate the aging and cracking of ordinary rubber rollers. The rubber roller made of EPDM is lighter in weight and has heat resistance, aging resistance and ozone resistance. So we will choose a more suitable rubber roller based on many considerations.
Curved rollers are arranged near the winding part of the blown film machine. The curved roller forms an arc on one side of the roller shaft, which stretches the film when it rotates to eliminate wrinkles and prevent possible intertwining during material cutting.
Aluminum guide rollers are mostly used on one blown film machine due to its low resistance, light weight and flexible rotation.
The frost line of the blown film machine refers to the dividing line of the molten plastic from the fluid state to the solid state.
In the production process of the blown film machine, LDPE is in a melt flow state when it is extruded from the die while maintaining sound transparency. After leaving the die, the cooling air ring cools the inflation zone of the film bubble. When the cooling air blows to the plastic film bubble just extruded from the die, the hot film bubble will contact the cooling air, the heat of the film bubble will be taken away by the cold air, and the temperature will obviously drop below the temperature the LDPE requires to maintain the melt flow state, thus causing the film bubble to cool, solidify and turn blurred. On the film bubble of the blown film machine, we can see a dividing line between transparency and blur, which is the frost line of the blown film machine.
The reasons of the high stickiness and a small opening of commonly seen LDPE films are as follows:
- The grade of the plastic particles is incorrect. The particles used are not dedicated to the blown film machine. The particles contain zero or low content of an anti-blocking agent.
- The temperature of the blown film machine is too high, and the flow rate of the molten particles is too fast.
- The blow-up ratio is too large, resulting in a poor film opening.
- The cooling speed of the air ring of the blown film machine is too low, and the film is not sufficiently cooled, resulting in mutual adhesion under the action of the upper traction roller.
- The traction speed of the blown film machine is too fast and the frost line is too high.
- Replace the plastic particles, or add a certain proportion of anti-blocking agent to the particles.
- Appropriately reduce the temperature of the screw and the mold.
- Reduce the blow-up ratio.
- Increase the cooling air volume or adjust the temperature of the air cooler.
- Appropriately reduce the speed of the traction roller.
A blown film machine is mainly composed of the following parts:
- Basic main machine(gearbox, electrical motor, lower hopper, barrel screw, heating ring, head flange, frame, etc.).
- Traction auxiliary machine(upper traction roller, traction motor, herringbone plate, traction bracket, guide roller, etc.).
- Winding machine(middle traction roller, traction motor, cutting knife holder, winding roller, winding shaft, etc.).
- Blow molding die head(die head, heater,).
- Cooling device(cooling air ring, cooling fan, surface cooler, cooling air pipe, etc.).
- Electrical control system(power distribution cabinet of the main machine, including the automatic temperature control, the power distribution cabinet of auxiliary machine, and the power distribution device for mold temperature control, etc.).
The traditional method of film bubble cooling is to cool down the outside of film bubbles with an air ring. If the film is thick or the film is made of multiple layers of powerful barrier materials, only cooling the outside of film bubbles with an air ring will not be enough. The slow cooling speed, high frost line, unstable film bubbles, and poor film opening will all compromise the quality of films.
The IBC internal cooling uses an inlet fan to send the cooling air from the outside to the film bubble, while an exhaust fan discharges the hot air. Then it uses three ultrasonic probes to align the film, and determine the position of the film and the size of the tube by using the algorithm that the isosceles triangle is tangent to the film circumference. The hot air inside the film is exchanged with the air from the cooler, and the circumferential diameter of the film is stable.
The IBC internal cooling device exchanges hot and cold air in the bubble, which can not only increase the yield and the opening of the film, but can also exchange and eliminate the peculiar smell generated by the resin raw material at high temperature. The film produced with this method is more suitable for food packaging and medical supplies packaging.
Different types of plastic particles have different plasticizing temperatures. If different plastic particles are plasticized in a screw at the same time, some plastic particles will not be fully plasticized due to the excessively low temperature, or suffer melting fat rupture due to the excessively high temperature. Therefore, a single screw cannot be used for the production of multi-characteristic plastic film even if it mixes plastic particles with different characteristics.
In addition, simple mixture is not sufficient to produce characteristic films, we need modular lamination of different layers, each of which has their respective functional layer.
In the actual production environment of a blown film machine, dust, impurities in plastic particles and other substances are inevitable. This requires us to add a filter device between the screw and the mold to filter out impurities before they enter the mold, and prevent impurities from entering the mold to affect the transparency of the film.
Since it is being equipped with an additional filter, the three-way screen exchanger can resist the passage of molten plastic particles to a certain extent. The refluxed molten plastic is mixed and refined again so as to improve the fusion of the plastic formula in the screw and the plasticization of plastic particles, and enhance the quality of the film.
Steps to normally start the blown film machine:
- Heat the extruder body, die head, and maintain the temperature of each point within the target range.
- If you start the machine after a long stop, the heating temperature of each point needs to be kept constant for 10-30 minutes after reaching the target range. This process is not required if the restart is within 30 minutes after the stop.
- Start the air compressor and stop it when the cylinder pressure is 6 to 8 kg/cm.
- After the temperature of each point meets the requirements, put on labor protection supplies and start the tractor, blower, and extruder in order.
- When the discharge from the die is uniform, you may wear gloves and slowly pull up the tube blank. Meanwhile, you may seal the end of the tube blank and slightly open the air inlet regulating valve to blow a small volume of compressed air from the center hole of the mandrel, then carefully guide it through the foam stabilizer, the herringbone plate, and penetrate through the traction roller and the guide roller until it reaches the winder.
- Check the thickness and width of different parts of the film, and adjust them until they meet the specifications.
Temperature control is very important for blown film machines. Each plastic particle has a specific melting temperature.
If the heating temperature is less than the melting temperature:
- After the plastic particles are melted, their flow speed in the screw and the mold will slow down, and the output of the blown film machine will decrease.
- Because the temperature is lower than the melting temperature, the plastic particles are not completely plasticized, and particles in the screw are not completely mixed and combined. The film will produce crystal points, and the film formula is not completely mixed, resulting in poor film quality.
If the heating temperature is greater than the melting temperature:
- When the plastic particles are exposed to the temperature higher than the melting temperature, the melting fat will rupture. The transparency of the film will decrease.
- The melting fat will rupture due to long-term exposure to high temperature. A small amount of black spots will appear on the surface of the film.
- The bubbles will be unstable, serpentine, twisted and rise.
Therefore, if the temperature of the blown film machine is not accurately controlled, the problems mentioned above will appear alternately, which is a bad sign.
The blown film machine is a machine that melts plastic particles through a screw, and then blows the melted flowing plastic into a film through a specific mold.
- A16. The blown film machine melts different plastic particles according to the formula in alignment with the final product, and then blows them into a film. The films produced by a blown film machine are suitable for various kinds of high-end packaging. The films are also widely suitable for heavy and light packaging for their sound barrier properties, freshness preservation, moisture prevention, frost prevention, oxygen barrier properties, and oil resistance, including various kinds of fresh fruits, meat products, pickles, fresh milk, liquid beverages, medical supplies, etc.
The priority is to save the power loss of the blown film machine, and reduce the loss of electric heating. Nearly 40% of the power loss of the blown film machine is caused by electric heating, so how do we save the heating power of the blown film machine?
Traditionally, we use electric heating coil in combination with fan cooling, which is primitive. PLASTAR uses a smarter algorithm to optimize this process.
When the set temperature is close to the actual temperature, we use the pulse to break the heating screw. Then we heat for several milliseconds, measure the actual temperature after 1 second of stabilization, and repeat the circle over and over. During the operation of the blown film machine, the temperature will continue to decrease due to environmental temperature and heating of plastic particles. The used of the pulse heating method can reduce or eliminate the need of fan cooling and avoid frequent heating and heat dissipation. It not only reduces the power loss, but also reduces the wear and tear of the blown film machine. Eventually, the temperature control will be more accurate, the bubble will be more stable, and the quality of films produced will be improved.
- A18. The main raw materials of the blown film machine: low-pressure polyethylene HPPE, high-pressure polyethylene LDPE, linear polyethylene LLDPE and other plastic particles. Nylon, EVA, metallocene and other materials will be added for some plastic films with special properties.
- A19. The screw and the barrel of the blown film machine are mainly responsible for squeezing the plastic particles from the barrel into the mold of the blown film machine, then melting and pushing forward plastic particles under the action of the ever-forward pressure and the barrel’s heating ring.
Blown film extrusion line, a technology-based professional plastic packaging machinery company, is a trusted company, and they are widely accepted all over the world because of the exceptional services they render.
As a result, blown film extrusion lines have a period of one-year warranty for any product you purchase from them apart from consumables.
This period of one year starts on the day the blown film extrusion line arrives at your company after you must have ordered it. Also, the 365 or 366-day assurance starts reading at the point when the engineers have finished commissioning the blown film extrusion line.
Blown film extrusion lines are customer-friendly such that for the period of the one year in which you have a service contract with their company, you are at liberty to use their machine and have them freely fix it in cases where it becomes faulty.
PLASTAR is in charge of Blown film extrusion machines in large and quality quantities to distributors, wholesalers, and those in the packaging industry across the globe.
At PLASTAR blown film extrusion machine manufacturing company, the production of blown film extrusion machines takes place between 30 to 60 working days.
However, the length of the period is greatly determined by the size and configuration of the machine because PLASTAR blown film manufacturers are committed to producing customized machines to create a personalized experience for end-users.
To do this, PLASTAR produces and designs blown film machines according to the size and configuration that best suits the needs of clients and end-users.
Once, the configuration and size are determined, PLASTAR would provide the exact date that a client’s blown film machine would be available.
PLASTAR blown film extrusion machines come with an operational manual and electrical schematic diagram.
Because each blown film extrusion machine is built and designed to suit the needs of clients, they are built separately and customized according to the personalized purpose they want it to serve.
Due to their customized nature, each blown film extrusion machine comes with an operational manual and electrical schematic diagram.
The operational manual and electrical schematic diagram that comes with the PLASTAR blown film extrusion machine come in Chinese and English language to meet a wider coverage of the language needs of PLASTAR blown film extrusion machine manufacturers, distributors, and clients in the packaging industry.
PLASTAR blown film manufacturers have provided the operational manual and electrical schematic diagram to make setup and operation easier for end-users.
If you are experiencing any problem with your blown film extrusion machine, feel free to contact PLASTAR blown film extrusion machine manufacturer as they are a technology-based professional plastic packaging machinery manufacturer.
They are professionals in their field, timely, trustworthy, and customer-friendly. PLASTAR blown film machine manufacturers take their customers’ problems as theirs.
If you contact them, they will communicate with you via video call or face-time through which they will explain to you in detail how you can single-handedly solve the technical issues you are experiencing.
But if the problem persists, they will refer an engineer to you who will help you cross the t’s and dot the i’s of the problems you may be facing with your blown film extrusion machine.
In another case, if the damaged part of your blown film extrusion machine is a non-consumable one, and still falls within the period of warranty, consider having another blown film extrusion machine from their company without the need to pay a dime.
Good to note that PLASTAR blown film extrusion machine manufacturer has got you covered even down to paying their transportation fare to your site at the time you experience any trouble-shooting with your blown film extrusion machine.
The die gap is the opening between the two metal faces that make up the die. The space between the metals is what is called the Die Gap.
The size of the die gap is usually between 0.8mm to 2.8 mm, and you can adjust it to fit your printing purpose.
You can control the die gap either manually, by hand, or automatically. Either way, it needs maintenance and calibration regularly so that your prints can be produced efficiently.
Whether your die gap is narrow or wide, it affects your print outcomes one way or the other.
If the width of your die gap is wide, and you are printing with low-density polyethylene LDPE, the outcome of your products might be better than if you are printing with linear low-density polyethylene LLDPE material with the same wide gap.
Therefore, a narrow die gap is fit to print LLDPE, while a wide die gap is appropriate for LDPE printing.
Different die gaps work for different printing materials.
In case you want to adjust the die of your blown film extrusion machine, ensure your safety. Adjusting the die gap can be tasking and dangerous at the same time.
Ensure not to stand in front of the die when it is hot and filled with materials because while you are adjusting, materials may gush out of the die lip and harm you.
For safety, you can adjust your machine’s die gap when the machine is not in operation.
The extrusion ratio is the ratio of the area of the billet cross-section and the extrusion cross-section area. It is sometimes referred to as the reduction ratio.
A rule of thumb of extrusion ratio is that if the mechanical properties in an alloy are high, the extrusion ratio should below.
That is, if you set the ratio of a mechanical property low, less work will need to be done on the materials, meaning that the extrusion ratio will determine how much mechanical work will be done on a material.
The range of extrusion ratio for the soft alloy is 10.1 – 100.1, while for the hard alloy, it is 10.1 – 35.1.
Your blown film extrusion machine ratio range is based on the shape of the extrusion of the machine.
Therefore, the higher the extrusion ratio, the harder it will be for your machine to extrude materials.
That is, when the extrusion ratio is high, the die opening is smaller, causing more force and pressure to push out materials from the tiny die opening.
Consequently, the extrusion ratio affects how materials flow out of the extruder.
You can calculate the Extrusion Speed of your blown film extrusion machine using the calculation conditions below:
- Choose the primary billet temperature T= 1180°C, extrusion speed (v) = 200 mm−1, friction factor m=0.05, die angle α=55°, die land length l=60mm and modify the extrusion ratio from λ= 4.63, 5.47, 6.37, 7.32 and 8.33 matching lodgings outer diameters are 700, 750, 800, 850 and 900 mm, in order to explore the outcome of λ on the process of extrusion.
- Pick the extrusion ratio λ =5.47, speed of extrusion v= 200mm s−1, friction factor =0.05, die angle α = 45°, die land length l = 60mm and alter the first billet temperature from T = 1050, 1100, 1150, 1200 and 1250°C so that you will be able to see the result of the extrusion process.
- Choose the ratio of extrusion λ= 5.47, extrusion speed v =200 mm s−1, original billet temperature T = 1180°C, friction factor m = 0.5, die angle α = 45°, die land length l = 60 mm and alter the extrusion speed from v = 150, 200, 250, 300 and 350mm s−1 just so you’ll observe the outcome of extrusion speed on the extrusion procedure.
- Choose the extrusion ratio λ 5.47, speed of extrusion v = 200 mm s−1, the initial temperature of billet T = 1180°C, friction factor m = 0.05, die land length l = 60 mm and change the die angle from α = 35°, 45°, 55°, and 65°, in order to discover the results of α on the extrusion progression.
- Pick the extrusion ratio which is 5.47, v as 200mm s, initial billet temperature as 1180°C, friction factor m as 0.05, die angle from α 30, 45, 60, 75 and 90 mm in order to explore the resultant effects of length on the extrusion procedure.
There are many different types of blown film extrusion machines available for sale.
Direct extrusion has the highest friction when producing objects.
This is because the force needed to extrude the billet is higher than the one needed in other extrusion processes due to the high friction needed for the billet to go through the container of the blown film extrusion machine.
This force increases as soon as you inject the billet into your machine, decreases as the billet is being processed, and the force picks up when the material is exiting the die.
Friction is an important factor in direct extruding, which is why the friction involved in this process is higher than the other processes.
When the material moves in the direction of the punch, the punch moves toward the die.
This causes higher friction between the billet and the container.
The dummy block between the ram and the metal causes pressure in the ram and causes the metal to fill up the cylinder first before going through the die opening.
All blown film lines produced by PLASTAR, a professionally blown film extrusion line manufacturer, are customizable.
PLASTAR is a top-rated blown film line manufacturer with more than 30 years of professional experience.
PLASTAR blown film line is committed to providing a personalized experience to users based on the performance standards of the blown film line you want to buy down to your lifestyle habits.
PLASTAR blown film lines have been designed to suit your needs completely; therefore, you can always request any type of blown film line that is specific to the purpose you want to serve.
This is why the features, performance rate, and functions of each PLASTAR blown film line differ because every blown film line is built with your specifications in mind.
PLASTAR blown film lines come in different types to suit your purpose and fit into a wide range of different applications you want to use your blown film line for, ranging from shrink wrap films, stretch films, barrier films, food packaging, shopping bags, and many more.
The IBC (Internal Bubble Cooling) multilayer blown film extrusion lines are majorly produced to replace traditional die heads, and they also help in solving problems of leakage occurring from the die head.
There is also a cold and hot air exchange system. This is designed in such a way that during operation, the cold wind usually blows on one side of it while the other side exhales hot air.
The upper traction is majorly designed to make the blown film extrusion lines thicker and more transparent. Also, the speed of production is faster in such a way that they produce three times faster and better than traditional machines.
Thus far, blown film extrusion lines have been the fastest and widest multilayer co-extrusion rotary blown film machine in China because it has made successful innovation in upper traction.
Below are some of the available blown film extrusion lines products
Five-layer blown film extrusion lines, ABA Three-layer Co-extrusion blown film extrusion lines, Single-layer blown film extrusion lines, Mini blown film extrusion lines, ABC Three-layer Co-extrusion blown film extrusion line, AB Two-layer Co-extrusion blown extrusion film line, etc.
The prices of Blown Film Extrusion Machines vary depending on their functions and sizes.
You can get prices from the ranges of twenty thousand US Dollars to two hundred thousand US dollars.
You need to bear in mind that these machines cannot be sold at the same price in your different localities.
Draw Down Ratio (DDR) happens to be the degree to which the malleable has been abridged in magnitude to make the portion.
Also, it is the ratio of the sectional division of the extruded plastic melt to the subsection of the plastic in its final form, including insulation a tube or hose on a core, be it cable or wire.
A grander Draw Down Ratio (DDR) of the blown film extrusion machine gives room for quicker rate of manufacturing while a lower one facilitates a more specific control of the dimensions of the products.
It is good to note however, that the lower the drawdown ratio, the firmer it is during operation. Also, you will be able to identify a more productive drawdown ratio depending on the ability and skill of the producer.
The main blown film extrusion machine defects are Centre Cracking, Piping Defect and Surface Breakage.
It is important to note that these are categorized based on the factors responsible for their faults during the process of manufacturing, such as the geometric shape and the operational factors of the extrusion.
Centre Cracking: Center Cracking occurs during the time when the piece of work is undergoing extrusion via the die. The force which occurs during the work breaks the material, thus, causing cracks to appear around the central axis of the extruded area.
You will find it difficult to detect center burst since it occurs within the material of the part.
Arrowhead rupture, chevron cracking, Centre burst and center cracking are the names attributed to center cracking in the manufacturing company.
Piping: This defect takes place when sections are manufactured via direct extrusion. It occurs when there is inadequate flow during the process of extrusion.
The way out of this is by using a good surface preparation of the operation and a dummy block.
Other words used to describe piping are fishtailing or tailpipe.
Surface breakage: This is the kind of rupture which occurs on the topmost part of the work.
The defects on the outward begins in form of cracks and then extends into other part of the material through diverse degrees.
You will experience surface rupture occurs when too much stress is placed on the parts of the material.
When under-extrusion occurs in your blown film extrusion machine, you can fix it by doing the following:
- Intensify your extrusion multiplier: The moment you discover that your extruder isn’t asserting as much filament as you expected, the next thing you should do is intensify the flow of extrusion in your slicer.
- Increase the temperature: Once you discover that the temperature of your machine is low, it's not a bad idea to increase it.
- Correct your filament diameter: You can use this to fix filament diameter inputs that are not correctly motioned.
When you do this, the result will be more flow of filament which will turn out massively.
You should however be careful when increasing your multiplier as too much of the surge can amount to jamming, hence, leading to the destruction of some materials.
This is because low temperature amounts to improper flow of filament.
Nozzle temperature is a very important figure you need to put in place when considering fixing under-extrusion. This can be achieved by constantly printing a test and regulating the temperature.
You may as well consider producing a single temperature tower that you can use to check numerous temperatures at a point in time.
Take for instance you input your filament incorrectly, you won’t get an accurate result unless you correctly fix it in order to avert future issues.
Blown film extrusion lines are a technology that is commonly used by the industrial, plastic, and consumer packaging industries to make plastic films, shrinkwrap films, and many more.
The blown film extrusion lines process involves extruding a tube of the molten polymer via a die and blowing up many times its initial size to make a thin film bubble.
The bubble is therefore flattened and used as a lay-flat film or converted into packaging bags.
The most common raw materials used in this process are low-density polyethylene(LDPE) and High-density polyethylene(HDPE) and are often mixed with other types of polymers and additives.
Blown film extrusion lines are suitable for producing high-quality plastic films for different types of applications such as lamination film, stretch hoods, film for FFS industrial bags, PE film used for packaging, barrier as well as high barrier films, and a lot more.
However, the type of material each blown film line is capable of producing is highly dependent on its size and specifications.
Barrier blown film lines is a blown film extrusion line that is used to produce high-quality barrier films.
This blown film extrusion line is in many layers, and it is designed and made with the latest technology, quality material, and great workmanship.
It is a very versatile blown film extrusion line and can produce a wide range of quality products using quality materials and resins.
You can configure the layers of the barrier-blown film line to produce any quality product you like.
It has an extrusion die and air ring technology that ensures that your films are exceptionally flat and free of gels.
Barrier-blown film lines have varieties of configurations that you can tweak to provide the winding resource needed to create the best roll quality for the application.
You can use it to produce food packaging, medical films, lamination or converting films, etc.
Nine-layer blown film extrusion line process is a multilayer film production that improves flexibility and can help the processor save raw material costs.
With the right mix of products, a nine-layer blown film line can save material and help you acquire your upfront capital cost.
It can also help in gauging your production film, and because it has many layers, the mechanical properties of the materials can be improved, resulting in you not needing so much material.
Nine-layer blown film extrusion line also has low-temperature screws and combined heating and cooling zones, which helps in processing the polyolefins and other barrier materials like EVOH in the same extruder.
It also has various lines with different film winders that operate either clockwise or counterclockwise winding, automation systems, and winding shaft handling systems.
7-layer blown film extrusion lines are used to produce a majority of the industry's packaging.
It meets almost all the packaging needs across different industries.
It can be used to produce asymmetric and symmetric films, including complex packaging solutions as well as barrier films.
It has a cylindrical spiral die(CSD), which is self-cleaning.
It has different configuration features that you can tweak to suit your purpose and also based on the film that you want to use.
They have advanced automation features like integrated material conveying, gsm control, gravimetric blending and dosing, non-contact type IBC system with digital correction, automatic thickness control (with a non-contact capacitive sensor or gamma backscatter nuclear sensor), fully automatic center-gap-surface winder, and integrated process control.
They can be used to produce different films for different packaging like meat packaging, edible oil packaging, vacuum packaging, etc.
Cast extrusion occurs in the Blown Film Extrusion Machine.
The first thing to do in the cast extrusion process is to pack plastic resins into one or more extruders, then, the plastic resins melt and get mixed together through the extruder, after which they are filtrated and supplied to the die system.
After the melted plastic resins leave the die, they enter the cooling unit, and its temperature is reduced through a water chill roll to freeze the film and then transported downstream to trim its edges and wound it into rolls.
The cooling system in cast extrusion is highly functional, which increases production line speed, thereby increasing production results.
The thickness diffusion in the machine cross direction is more even in cast extrusion processes when compared to the blown film extrusion machine process basically because the degree of draw and orientation is very low in the cast extrusion process.
Extrusion dies are essential components of the Blown Film Extrusion Machine.
Extrusion dies are thick, circular steel disks with one or more openings. They are manufactured from H-13 die steel and are heat-treated to help withstand pressure and extend their longevity.
There are three different types of dies: solid, hollow, and semi-hollow.
Solid dies are the least expensive type of die as it produces shapes with no enclosed void or openings such as solid bars, angles, and rods.
To produce a solid profile, you would need a die stack which consists of a die plate that helps form the shape, a feeder plate that helps monitor the metal flow via the die orifice, a backer plate that prevents collapse by supporting the die tongue, and a bolster that holds up the extrusion load that has been transferred from the die.
Hollow dies produce shapes with one or more openings like a simple rectangular tube or a complex tube with many voids.
The porthole die commonly used to extrude hollow shapes and is made up of two interconnected parts known as the mandrel and the cap.
The mandrel makes up the internal features while the cap makes up the external features, which are usually arranged in the mandrel.
Just like the hollow shape, the semi-hollow shape can either have a void or voids. However, the voids are partially and not completely enclosed as there is an opening.
You can apply two main methods to adjust an extrusion multiplier, viz; Precise Method and Visual Method.
Under the precise method, precision tools including calipers are used to calibrate the extrusion multiplier, while proper observation is best applied following the visual processes.
It is important to note that you will get the same results from both processes dependent on the one you prefer to use on your blown film extrusion machine.
- Install the Precision Method Cube STL.
- Use the Vase Mode or the layer height you often use to slice it and then print it.
- At the center of each wall, make up to three measurements and calculate their regular thickness.
- Using the formular; Extrusion multiplier equals Extrusion width/ Average measured thick wall.
- Go to the filament settings and adjust the extrusion multiplier.
- Go ahead to print the cube making use of the new settings.
- If you deem it fit, make some measurements at the center of each wall and calculate the normal average thickness.
If you plan to apply this method, there is no need for you to make use of any tool. All that is required of you is having your eyes absolutely fixed on the work. Here is to ensure that you get a satisfactory result.
- Install the Visual Method Cube STL.
- With the aid of Prusa PLA presets at 0.20mm layer height, slice the extrusion multiplier and print it.
- Check the topmost part of your cube thoroughly making use of your fingertip.
- If the topmost layer is rough, then consider re-adjusting the extrusion multiplier by one to two percent.
- You can repeat the method as many times as possible until you achieve your desired result.
Before you increase the extrusion speed of your blown film extrusion machine, you need to check the flow rate of your extruder to know whether it’s not over-extruding or under-extruding.
The flow rate controls the speed at which the extruder will extrude materials to form products.
If you are experiencing under-extrusion, it means your machine has an inadequate flow rate.
- To set your flow rate, open custom settings on your machine, right-click on it and click "configure setting visibility."
- After that, click the “check all’ option so that it can expand your settings.
- Locate “material setting,” and below it, you will see “flow rate” and “initial flow rate.”
If your machine is experiencing under extrusion, try to increase the flow rate of your machine by 5% and examine the outcome if it matches what you have in mind.
If it doesn’t, keep increasing till you are satisfied with the outcome of the extrusion; be however careful not to increase the flow rate too much and cause your machine to over-extrude and ruin your products.
If you change your flow rate and the extrusion is still not what you want, you should consider checking out other technicalities that may cause this.
The problem could be caused by low print temperature, clogged nozzles, or fast print speeds.
If you want to consistently maintain the productivity of your machine at a good speed rate, ensure regular and routine maintenance of your machine.
The difference between extrusion and injection molding is that extrusion molding is required to produce linear, two-dimensional shapes, while the injection molding process is used to produce three-dimensional shapes that do not maintain a parallel line shape.
There is also a difference in their fluidity.
Injection molding requires high fluidity, especially when you are producing large-scale and thin-walled products with your blown film extrusion machine.
While extrusion molding requires less fluidity because the extruder is open and nothing is stopping the material to die reversal.
The melt strength of both is different as well.
Injection molding doesn't require high melting strength, and objects are produced in a mold form, which means that products solidify immediately after they are injected.
Extrusion molding involves low melting strength which causes the objects not to solidify immediately after the materials exit the die, and they may not shape correctly.
After this, materials sometimes undergo other processes like thermoforming or hollow blow molding so that the objects can solidify properly.
The tool used for injection molding is a mold, while for extrusion, it is dying.
The plastic material used for them both are different, in that for injection molding, the material is melted and injected inside the mold, cooled, and then ejected from the mold, while for extrusion, the material is melted in the die, pressurized and then extruded after the material is cooled.
PLASTAR blown film extrusion line manufacturers customize blown film extrusionlines for users based on three factors.
The three factors include the performance requirements of the machine, the application of the machine, and your habits.
The performance requirement entails the functions and features you want your blown film extrusion line to have, while the application requirement entails what you want to use your blown film extrusion line to produce, and your habits are based on your habitual actions regarding producing with blown film extrusion lines.
PLASTAR blown film extrusion line manufacturers are committed to meeting the needs of clients in the most personalized way possible by using these three factors in the production of blown film extrusion lines.
Due to the fact that the blown film extrusion line has passed the CE and SGS Certification of EU, making sure that all their products are safe and are fit for every environment all over the world without having to cause any issue for anyone, you cannot just get their product except you to make a reasonable payment.
Blown film extrusion line usually commences their production after they have received a payment that is about thirty percent of whatever product you are ordering.
Immediately that a certain amount has been deposited, work will begin in their company, and once they have almost finished carrying out the production, you will have to pay the remaining seventy percent of the product or products you ordered for.
Once you make the final payment, you will be sent pictures and video clips of the blown film extrusion lines when it is almost time for delivery. And after these criteria have been met, your blown film extrusion line will be packaged and shipped down to any location you're at.
After you must have paid completely for the blown film extrusion line and it has been shipped to your destination, engineers that must have been assigned from the blown film extrusion line company close to you would have been sent to your company before the actual time of debugging.
Upon the arrival of these engineers, they will assemble and debug the blown film extrusion lines depending on the setting of the factory.
Once they have confirmed that the machines are in good condition and can now work perfectly, they will begin training the members of staff of your company on how to operate the blown film extrusion lines, how to carry out production on it and how to perform routine maintenance of the blown film extrusion lines.
Blown film extrusion line manufacturers care so much about you and your company, and that is why engineers are sent across to you who will help in training your staff to ensure they are competent enough to carry out an operation on the blown film extrusion line effortlessly.
7/9/11 layers blown film extrusion lines are most suitable for applications like mLLDPE, LLDPE, Tie Layer, EVOH, Tie Layer, LLDPE, and mLLDPE, for the 7 layer blown film lines in that particular order, that is for cost reduction over the 5 layers blown extrusion line.
For a high barrier lidding structure, the applications most suitable are LLDPE, Tie Layer, Nylon, EVOH, Nylon, Tie Layer, and LLDPE.
For a thermoformable cheese tray, the application most suitable for the 7 layers blown extrusion film line is LLDPE, Tie Layer, Nylon, EVOH, Nylon, Tie Layer, and EVA.
While for the 9 layers blown film line rigid, a high-barrier structure using cost or performance-optimized PE resins, the applications most suitable for it are LLDPE, LDPE, Tie Layer, Nylon, EVOH, Nylon, Tie Layer, LDPE, and LLDPE.
For 11-layer blown film extrusion lines, reportable, high barrier structure cost or performance optimized PP and copolymer PP resins, the most suitable application are Copp, PP, PP, Tie Layer, Nylon, EVOH, Nylon, Tie Layer, PP, PP, and Copp.
The more layer a blown film line has, the more package design options you have.
Hot extrusion and cold extrusion are types of extrusion that takes place in the blown film extrusion machine.
Hot extrusion takes place at a high temperature, which is usually around 50 to 75% of the metal's melting point.
When undergoing the hot extrusion process, it is necessary for you to lubricate as the pressure usually ranges between 30 to 700 MPa.
You can use oil or graphite if you are running lower temperature extrusions, or you can make use of glass powder if you are running higher temperature extrusion, while cold extrusion is done at room temperature or close to room temperature.
The cold extrusion process is commonly used to design strong tools that can resist the stress of the extrusion process.
Advantages cold extrusion has over hot extrusion include a better finish, higher strengths, and faster extrusion speed.
Aluminum, lead, tin, molybdenum, vanadium, and steel are examples of metals that can be extruded using the cold extrusion method.
Multilayer blown film extrusion lines are produced to be suitable for a variety of applications, which include masking and shrinkable films, lamination, vacuum packaging, adhesive, agriculture, and many more.
Different types of raw materials can be used for multilayer blown film extrusion line extruder, and laminating each film layer to be suitable for the required properties isn't a necessity.
Multilayer blown film extrusion lines are suitable for the production of high-quality films.
However, two selections of dying rotating unit or Nip roll oscillating unit and three selections of winding system, Turret Touch and Gap Winder, Shaft Roll Winder, surface touch winder are recommended depending on the application and system of extrusion in multilayer blown film extrusion lines.
Multilayer blown film extrusion lines use a blend of two features of the PP material and the brightness features of PE material and can be classified into several types such as two-layer blown film extrusion line, three-layer blown film extrusion line, five layers blown film extrusion line, seven-layer blown film extrusion line and many others.
It helps to produce tubing in a single circumstance and regulates film width and thickness, which is -dependent on the capacity of air in the bubble, extruder output, and speed of the haul-off. It eradicates edge bead trim, and non-uniform temperature and enables biaxial orientation.
Purchasing used blown film extrusion machines is not advisable as they would be below standard in terms of quality, performance, and durability.
Investing in a new, quality blown film extrusion machine is a better choice as you would be guaranteed long-term efficiency and durability.